competition general terms & conditions
These general conditions for promotions/special offers and competitions (hereinafter the “Terms and Conditions of Competitions’) apply to competitions and other promotional activities organized by The Dessert Expo. In addition, each competition and/or other promotion also has specific terms and conditions mentioned in the specific competition rules.
- Participants up to 16 years old state that they have obtained approval from their parent(s) for participation in the competition.
- Excluded from participation are staff and relatives of The Dessert Expo and cohabiting partners or family of the aforementioned employees. As well as any participants/suppliers in respect of the competition (including advertising agencies, advertisers, sponsors or producers).
- The participant is obliged to provide accurate, current and complete information when participating in the competition. The Dessert Expo may request a winner, before presenting the award or prize, to provide proof of their identity and residence information previously provided by the participant.
- The decision of The Dessert Expo is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding results and the awarding of the prize.
- The prize is personal and is registered in the name of the winner. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or payable in cash or other products or services. In case of refusal or non-acceptance of the prize or conditions that are inherent to the competition, the prize will not be awarded. In that case, The Dessert Expo is entitled to choose another winner.
- The prize is awarded in its current state. The Dessert Expo is not responsible for any visible or hidden defects in the prize nor for any damage during delivery (shipping) of the prize.
- The handling of the delivery of the prize is arranged by The Dessert Expo the advertiser/sponsor or another appointed third party. In this last case, The Dessert Expo is not responsible for the delivery of the prize. In that case, the date of delivery of the prize will be determined in consultation with the supplier of the prize.
- The Dessert Expo is not responsible for any defects caused by delivery or shipping companies (e.g. delays, strikes, damage or loss) with respect to the delivery of the prize. When the winner, or a roommate, co-inhabitant or neighbour, isn’t able to receive the prize, the winner will pick up the prize later on (e.g. post office, etc.). The Dessert Expo shall not be held liable if the prize is not collected or received by the winner or collected by an unauthorized person, even when the delivery or shipping company has not left any notification or notice in any form.
- The winner is able to claim the prize up to three months after publication. After this period, entitlement to the prize automatically expires.
- The participant consents to the processing of personal data in connection with participation in the competition. The Dessert Expo may add the personal information to its database, which is confidential and will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- The Dessert Expo is in no way responsible for any problems or defects arising from the use of the Website and/or downloading any components whatsoever in relation to the competition or special promotion.
- The Dessert Expo has the right to disqualify participants if it believes that the participants are not acting in conformity with the General and/or specific Terms and Conditions of Competitions or if the participant is otherwise fraudulently accessing the competition or unfairly influencing the course of the competition.
- The Dessert Expo is entitled to, at its discretion and without notice, to change or modify these terms and conditions specific to the competitions or special promotional offers for the duration of the contest and without giving a reason to discontinue, modify or adapt the competition or special promotional offer for reasons of its own without any obligation to compensate any damages on behalf of the participant. Any changes or adaptations within the competition, will be made public in an appropriate manner (e.g. via its website).
- If one or more conditions of the General and/or specific terms and conditions competitions are void or invalid, this will not affect the validity of the remaining conditions of the General and/or specific Terms and Conditions of Competitions.
- When the General and/or specific Terms and Conditions of Competitions differ from those determined in the Specific Terms and Conditions of Competition, the specific Terms and Conditions of Competition prevail.
- The competitions and other promotional activities of The Dessert Expo need to adhere to the Gaming Act and the terms and conditions of the Promotional Gambling Code.
- Any questions, complaints or comments about the competitions or promotional offers can be made in writing. Send to email@example.com. The Dessert Expo will answer as soon as possible.
general AND complimentary ticket terms & conditions
Complimentary tickets used are done so on behalf of The Dessert Expo and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Nobody will be allowed admission to this event without the original copy of the Complimentary ticket or pass.
2. Unless otherwise stated 1 Complimentary ticket is issued per person. The promotional code provided is for 1 ticket holder only and cannot be used for multiple ticket bookings. Please note you will be required upon entry at the event, to have the original Complimentary ticket available as proof along with your Quicket issued ticket.
3. For the safety of people at the event, the venue management and the presenter reserve the right to refuse admission and conduct security searches.
4. Tickets cannot be exchanged. Please note that duplicate tickets cannot be issued under any circumstances.
5. Defaced or altered tickets or passes will become void and the holder will be refused admission.
6. Tickets cannot be transferred. Tickets cannot be resold for commercial gain. If we have reason to believe the tickets have been resold they will be invalidate and the holder will be refused admission.
7. The Dessert Expo reserves the right to alter or vary the content or timing of the whole or any part of the event in circumstances without any obligation to make any refunds or exchange tickets.
8. The Dessert Expo does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to person property brought to this event.
9. Visitors may be filmed, photographed or sound recorded for broadcast, publication or security purposes.
10. It is a condition of your admission to the Expo that no commercial (non-private) use may be made by you of the show or any part of it.
11. Dogs are not permitted on the premises with the exception of guide, assistance and hearing dogs.
12. Please check event details, timings and car park charges prior to travelling as these may be subject to change. The organisers are not responsible for any delays due to travel disruptions.
13. Although parking has been secured, in the following designated areas: Parking P1 & P5. Parking is strictly based on a first-come, first-serve basis. The organisers cannot be held responsible or liable should parking be full and alternative arrangement be made at any given time by any visitor visiting the expo.
14. Any complaints relating to the event should be made to the organiser’s office promptly, prior to or during the event.
15. Recording equipment is not permitted in theatrical and performance areas of the event.
16. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond the Promoter’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism (or the threat thereof), fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. The Promoter will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under these terms and conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
17. In the event that You are entitled to a refund, please refer to the terms and conditions of the authorised Ticket Agent from which You purchased Your Ticket for details of how to claim that refund. You may not be entitled to obtain a refund if You fail to follow the instructions provided within the notified timeframes (i.e. purchasing the tickets and failing to attend the event, no refund will apply). No refunds will be applicable once the ticket has been scanned and the individual/'s have attended the event.
18. The venue and organisers shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage within the premises.
19. In accordance with the law visitors aged under 18 are not permitted to purchase/ sample alcoholic drinks.
- Only visitors
who are in possession of a valid ticket will be able to attend the Event.
- Ticket price includes: admission into the event and facilities provided, parking, access to promotions and discounts provided by the exhibitors, live chef demonstrations, indoor and outdoor seating facilities, ability to purchase directly from retailers & wholesalers, sample and taste products (may be limited per day due to demand), access to discounts, promotions and giveaways, ability to meet bakers/ patisserie chefs and new products and a Goodie Bag (please note Goodie bag contents include: Discount vouchers, Magazine, Sugar samples, limited qty's of baking powder).
- Visitors who buy tickets onsite at the Event will be charged the same rate as the online ticket rate. Please be advised that all online ticket purchasers will be guaranteed a Goodie Bag and preference will be given to online ticket holders who have essentially booked their goodie bag by committing to the event prior to the event date. Although, the organisers will do their utmost to forecast and prepare for walk-in sales the organisers cannot be held liable should there not be enough goodie bags.
- Admission is
open to any visitor and/or exhibitor who are involved in or have a direct
connection or interest in the subject area of the Event or associated
industries or organisations. Visitors and exhibitors should conduct themselves
in an orderly and appropriate manner. The organiser reserves the right to
refuse entry by individual/ party/ business or organisation that is disruptive
and/ or creating a hostile environment that is negatively impacting the event
and is offensive in nature to visitors and/ or exhibitors.
- By purchasing
tickets online the ticket holder authorises the exhibitor/s and/ sponsor/s to
contact them after the expo to ask them for permission to contact them in future
about their products or services.
- Armbands are
to be worn at all times by the show visitor, failure to do so will indicate
that you are trespassing and have illegally entered the expo. Failure to wear
the armband will lead to the person to being removed from the Event.
obtaining an armband by theft, deception or other illegal means will be asked
to leave the Event.
attending the Event should carry and produce on request of the Organisers a
personal photo-ID (e.g. student card, passport, photo-ID driving licence,
national identity card) or other identification acceptable to the Organisers.
- Please note
alcohol will be served at the event. No alcohol will be sold to persons under
the age of 18. We encourage all our visitors to drink responsibly.
attending with children under the age of 16 will be responsible for their
children and will be asked to put their mobile number on a wristband to be worn
by the child.
- With the
exception of guide dogs or other service animals, no pets or animals of any
description will be allowed into the Event.
attending the Event must not take part in any canvassing, leafleting,
demonstrations, objectionable behaviour or wear offensive apparel or be
involved in any activity which may disrupt the Event.
- Press badges
at the Event are restricted to publishers, editors, journalists, photographers,
broadcasters and web bloggers associated with the Members of the press may be
required to complete an application form and produce accreditation in the form
of a photocopy of a recognised press or media card, business card, a
letter from the editor or an official web address linking to a press release in
order to verify their position. Press applications from advertising personnel
and media sales representatives will not be accepted.
- Official photographers and film crew will be taking photographs and recording and/or streaming videos at the Event. Each attendee authorises such photography and recording and permits the Organisers to use the attendee’s image, likeness and voice for archival and promotional purposes in any and all media, without liability, compensation or credit to the attendee.
- No visitor to the Event may take photographs or make any form of recording (including audio or video) on any media at the Event under any circumstances without the prior written permission of the Organisers.
Reservation of Rights
- The Organisers reserve the right to exclude or remove anyone from the Event and the venue who does not comply with this policy or who they reasonably consider is likely to break these rules or who is prohibited from attending under any applicable sanctions, laws or regulations, or otherwise at the Organisers’ discretion
- The safety and security of our staff
and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, local and
national authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans
for our events.
Everyone attending our events should be aware that the following are in place:
Service staff may approach you to assist you outside, at entry or inside the
- Staff and
attendees are required to wear ID badges provided
- Bag checks
are in operation at our events
or hand-held scanners may be in operation at our events
- CCTV in
operation at our events is monitored and recorded
and covert Security Guards are in attendance at our events
- Uniformed and
covert Police are in attendance at some of our events
Security and Detection is in operation at some of our events
Everyone attending our events is requested to:
personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
anything that looks unusual, suspicious or just out of place to a member of
patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks.
- Follow the
instructions of event staff at all times
- On their
final visit to the event, dispose of their badge inside the event or when
they’ve returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event.
If you have any feedback or questions about event security, please contact